H.E.Bates Short Story Competition 2018
Write us a short story on the subject of your choice.
* The competition is open to all writers.
* Entries must be no longer than 2000 words.
* 1st Prize £500 2nd Prize £200 3rd Prize £100
* Special prize for the best story written by a Northamptonshire writer £100 (not awarded if the story has won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd prize)
* The entry fee is £6 for the first story submitted. It is reduced to £10 for any entry of 2 stories. Further stories have a fee of £5 each.
* Entrants are invited to submit as many stories as they wish, providing they have not been previously published or have been prize-winning entries in another competition.
* The judging panel will comprise members of the Northampton Writers Group. The Head Judge is Julia Thorley, writer and editor, and the author of the collection of monologues, Nine Lives, together with books about yoga and conjuring!
* Closing date for entries is Monday 3rd December 2018
* Prizes will be awarded at a prize giving ceremony on 7th February 2019
There is no entry form. Simply send your story or stories (typed please) with a first sheet giving your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and title of story or stories to H.E.Bates Competition, 19 Kingswell Road, Kingsthorpe, Northampton NN2 6QB. Please mark the envelope "f.a.o. Nick Hamlyn". Include a postal order or cheque (made out to N.Hamlyn).
Alternatively, you may e-mail your story in Word format, complete with a first page as described above, to email@example.com and pay by PayPal. In this case, we will invoice you on receipt of your entry.
Further details on our website www.hebatescompetition.org.uk
While I have your attention, I would like to announce the publication of the first two books by my own publishing company, PPR Publishing and would be grateful if you could let your members know about these too.
THE FIRST TIME - A Book of 20th & 21st Century Music Firsts by Nick Hamlyn is available now on Amazon or on the publishing website www.pprpublishing.co.uk
LOVING ANNA, a psychological thriller by Piper S. Winn, is published later this month.